On October 16, the lesson reports were upgraded. The guts of the reports
have been in the works for a while, but it's taken a bit of time to package them
up for general use.
Most immediate, the reports panel has been re-ordered to make the intent
of each set of reports more obvious.
We've also removed support for:
- generating reports for specific UMIAC class groups
If you bind a unit to UMIAC groups, the reports will limit the report
to the respondants in those groups. Having the pre-defined list of names
also allows Lessons to report which students have not visited
- users x questions : the tabular reports are now oriented only as questions x users
- total points report
- Browse comments only lists short answer responses; you use Grade Comments
to grade responses.
- If the unit uses Kerberos/uniqname access control, then List respondants will tell you who's visited the lesson.
- For surveys, you'll no longer see options for score reports. (About time, I know.)
- The tabular reports can now be generated as
- Comma-delimeted text files
- Tab-delimeted text files
- Tabular reports now show you the full text of responses, instead of truncating them to 255 characters.
- Aside from viewing the most current work, you can also view archived work.
Archived work are earlier attempts that the respondant has made on
the lesson. This happens if you allow respondants to take the lesson more than
once, or if you use the Archive work action in the Tools panel
(and this time, it really works!).
About Excel worksheets: the library that Lessons uses to create the worksheets has
some quirks (or rather, supporting Excel on any platform other than Windows is by definition
quirky): cell text is limited to 1023 characters. If the response exceeds this, the full
response is placed on a secondary worksheet.
If you have any questions, please contact us at