News and Information
Fall 2000 Edition
This document will be expanded as the week comes to a close. For now, the hilights...
Fill in the Blank...
Hey, it's finally here, and finally available to students!
- Courses are now called Units
- Most existing content (save for Fill-in-the-Blanks) was moved over to the Fall 2000 edition -- there were some
course/units that would have been invisible to you via the browser that were not moved over. If
something appears to be missing, please let us know; be sure to include the unit or lesson that's
- Student data newer than August 1 was carried forward
- clustering is entirely managed via the Cluster itself -- press the edit
button to check which questions should be part of the Cluster
- creating new questions has been streamlined to make your life easier -- please send us
any feedback of how it could be improved!
- when showing a lesson in single-page mode, the show titles flag for questions
and clusters is now respected (previously, titles were not shown at all)
If you have any questions, or experience any difficulties with the Fall 2000 Edition,
please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The options that used to be under the Statistics panel are now under Reports
- While there are a slew of new reports for lessons, being able to browse and grade comments
will appear the week of 2 October; the text of surveys and fill-in-the-blanks can be had
through the Show answers by user report
- Units can be connected to course sections in the Access panel; this will allow you to
both limit access to your lessons as well as provide more focused reports. You can attach
as many sections as you'd like -- for instance, a large lecture plus its discussion sections -- which
would allow you to effectively filter reports by discussion sections
- Some lessons are large enough and taken by enough people to make the web reporting
frustrating; we're looking into ways to resolve this issue
- As yet, none of the reports will let you view earlier "turns" students have taken; this will
be available the week of 2 October.